Roll & Recover
In Roll & Recover, you will use foam rollers, massage balls, and yoga straps to lengthen and loosen your tissues so that you can perform better in class and move with more ease in life.
The techniques used in class are a form of Self-Myofascial Release (SMR) in which you apply pressure to an area of soft tissue (muscle and fascia) to stimulate circulation of blood and oxygen, and restore length of tissues.
Benefits of foam rolling/SMR:
- Increased blood flow
- Better range of motion
- Restoring muscle-length balance across joints
- Increased circulation for faster recovery
- Breaking up scar tissue and contusions
- Relieving pain, soreness, stiffness
- Increasing flexibility which leads to lengthened muscles and a higher power threshold
- More effective workouts
Open to all students. Please let the instructor know about any injuries. BRING YOUR OWN FOAM ROLLER (if you have it) - we have a limited supply.
- CyclingSunday, 8:30 amKelly
- Abs and ArmsSunday, 9:15 amKelly
- Power Vinyasa YogaSunday, 10:00 amPatty H.
- Pulse & Roll (Barre & Foam Rolling)Sunday, 4:00 pmCat
- Total Body VIITMonday, 6:00 amClinton
- CyclingMonday, 8:30 amJames
- Total Body ConditioningMonday, 9:30 amJames
- CyclingMonday, 6:00 pmJessie
- P90XMonday, 7:00 pmJessie
- CyclingTuesday, 6:00 amHarry
- Power PilatesTuesday, 8:15 amCat
- Total Body VIITTuesday, 9:30 amClinton
- Vinyasa YogaTuesday, 11:00 amRebecca
- Yin YogaTuesday, 12:00 pmRebecca
- Interval CircuitTuesday, 5:30 pmJessie