Dear Denali Fitness Community,
We hope that you are healthy and safe during these difficult times. We want to update you on our reopening plans based on current state and local requirements. We will follow all state and local rules to keep you healthy and promote social distancing. Please know that the state and county have not provided any estimates as to when we will enter Phase 2 or Phase 3 so we do not know when we will be allowed to reopen but the minimum length for each phase is 3 weeks. We will email you when we have additional information.
King County is applying to the State for modified Phase 1 rules that will allow outdoor Personal and Small Group Training. If you are interested in Personal or Small Group Training, please let us know.
The State of Washington issued new requirements under which fitness facilities can open during Phase 2. Under these new rules, we can allow up to 5 members at a time in addition to any personal or small group training. The total number of people in the club would be limited to 30% of our maximum occupancy. Access would be in one-hour blocks booked either online or by calling the gym to sign up for a workout time. If we decide to open during Phase 2, it will be with reduced hours. If you are interested in gym access during Phase 2, please let us know what time you prefer to work out. Phase 2 will be voluntary for members and we will only reactivate memberships for those who request gym access during this Phase.
Phase 2 Restrictions:
- High risk clients, including anyone over the age of 65, are not permitted.
- All members must wear masks while in the facility, only exceptions are for medical conditions that prevent mask use.
- No in-person Group Fitness classes, we will continue to offer our online classes.
- Cardio equipment will not be available during Phase 2. This includes treadmills, ellipticals machines, bikes, and stair machines.
Current state guidance allows for regular operations while limiting the number of people in the gym at 50% maximum occupancy. Assuming no other restrictions, we will modify our operations as follows and all memberships will be reactivated.
- Reduced class size and online enrollment for most or all classes.
- Only 50% of downstairs cardio machines available, every other machine.
- Continued online booking system for regular workouts.
Sang, Dave, & Michelle